This diagramm presents the process to successfully test if you are affected from a bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine:
It is recommended to take the test in the morning, wait at least 1h after weaking up.
- 3 weeks before: No colonoscoy, enemas, no natural or prescription antibiotics
- 7 days before: No probiotic supplements and probiotic foods
- 1 day before: Follow a very low fiber residue diet, see details below, avoid laxatives and digestive supplements
- 14 hours before: No food, avoid vigorous exercising. Avoid smoking and brushing teeth.
- Night before: Try to get a restful night of sleep.
A very low fiber residue diet should be consumed the day before the test, standard allowed recommended foods:
- Steamed white rice
- Baked or broiled chicken, fish or turkey
- Limit seasoning to salt
- Limit oil intake
If you are taking more than one sibo test resume the low fiber residue diet and take the next test the next day in the morning following the limitations listed above.
Follow instructions in the test kit.